Last Updated on: 25th November 2023, 01:21 pm
Web site: www.columbamail.org (not active)
Subcategory: Email Clients
Platform: Linux, UNIX-like, Windows
License: Mozilla Public License
First release: September 2005
Columba – an email client written in Java, featuring a user-friendly graphical interface with wizards and internationalization support. Its a powerful mail management tool with features to enhance your productivity and communication.
– SMTP, POP3 and IMAP access support
– SSL and TLS transmission cryptography support
– GPG message cryptography support
– Bayesian spam filter, powered by Spam Assassin
– address book with automatic address collection and completion
– support for importing mailboxes
– email filtering
– virtual folders
– multiple skins, including GTK+ integration
– internationalization and localization to more than 10 languages
Columba requires a Java 1.4 or later compatible virtual machine for your operating system (Java 1.5 is recommended).
The last version of Columba 1.4 was released in 2007.
The project developer is Frederik Dietz and Timo Stich.