Last Updated on: 19th November 2023, 12:39 pm
Web site: github.com/ekg2/ekg2
Subcategory: Instant Messengers
Platform: BeOS, BSD, Linux, OS X, Solaris, SunOS, UNIX-like
Interface: GUI, CLI
First release: March 2, 2007
EKG2 – an open source, multi-platform, multi-protocol, and plugin-based, instant messenger with a Gtk+ 2 GUI or a console UI, for UNIX-like operating systems.
EKG2 is plugin-based, and because of this, it can support many different protocols. It can also support different GUIs! Below is a list of available plugins.
– Jabber – (XMPP, GTalk and Tlen.pl support),
– GG (gadu-gadu) – (using libgadu, the most popular polish IM protocol),
– IRC – (mostly IRCnet-oriented),
– Gtk+ 2.x – under development.
– ncurses – primary EKG2 user-interface, console
– logs – a multi-functionality plugin that allows logging in irssi-like format, in XML, in a simple format and in a raw format.
– logsqlite – logging into a SQLite database.
Scripting languages bindings: Python, Perl
Other superb plugins:
– autoresponder – a simple captcha for IM
– sim (using OpenSSL) & gpg – these plugins allow encryption within supported protocols
– jogger – allows manipulation of JoggerBot via ekg2
– mail – checking local maildir/mailbox for new messages
– nntp – read Usenet news
– rss – read RSS/Atom feeds
– sms – sms sending