Last Updated on: 19th November 2023, 12:49 pm
Enhanced CTorrent – a BitTorrent client for Unix-like environments. High performance with minimal system resources and dependencies is a priority. It is intended to run on any Unix-like system, including FreeBSD, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, Cygwin, etc.
Enhanced CTorrent contains files of the original CTorrent base code with a number of patches that provide fixes and enhancements, as well as additional fixes and enhancements.
The purpose of the Enhanced CTorrent effort is to fix problems that remain in the code, modernize existing features and algorithms, and implement new features while maintaining low overhead requirements and a high standard of performance (both part of the original CTorrent design philosophy). Highlights of the enhanced client include:
– Support for large files (>2GB) and large torrents (>255 files)
– Strategic selection of pieces to request for download
– Continuous queueing of download requests, tuned based on latency and throughput for each peer
– Improved download performance, including parallel requests in initial and endgame modes
– Improved bandwidth regulation
– Improved compatibility with other peers
– Performance optimization and bug fixes
– An interface for monitoring and managing multiple clients
– Dynamic cache allocation and management, including prefetch
– Flexible console I/O redirection
– Interactive control commands and menus