Last Updated on: 24th May 2022, 04:23 pm
KMail – a graphical email client which supports multiple accounts, mail filtering, email encryption, viewing HTML mail, and international character sets. It can handle IMAP, IMAP IDLE, dIMAP, POP3, and local mailboxes for incoming mail. It can send mail via SMTP or sendmail protocols. The program let you configure your workflow and it has good integration into KDE (Plasma Desktop) but is also useable with other desktop environments.
– Supports the standard mail protocols IMAP, POP3 and SMTP.
– Supports authentication via NTLM (Microsoft Windows) and GSSAPI (Kerberos)
– Supports plain text and secure logins, using SSL and TLS.
– Integration of international character sets
– Spell-checking (as-you-type and on demand)
– Native support for inline OpenPGP, PGP/MIME, and S/MIME.
– Reading and writing of HTML mail.
– Ability to display plain text only from an HTML mail.
– Allows you to receive and accept invitations.
– Integration with popular spam checkers, e.g. SpamAssassin, Bogofilter, etc.
– An optional spam probability meter can be displayed
– Powerful search and filter abilities
– Import Options for many other clients/formats.
– Searching in IMAP folders fully supported
– Highly integrated with other Kontact components
– Encrypted password saving in KWallet
– Several Backup Options
– Flagging and tagging of messages to aid sorting and recovery of information
– Supports mailing list management features
– Can replace text smiles with emoticons
– Displays the sender’s picture or avatar if present in the address book
– Supports X-Face (b/w pictures in messages)
– Compression of attachments
– Supports Groupware functionality