Last Updated on: 3rd October 2023, 05:04 pm
Raven – an open source desktop news reader with flexible settings to optimize your experience. No login is required, and no personal data is collected. Raven strips away all the distracting content from the original articles – annoying ads, banners, and awkward layouts. You control how Raven displays the content.
– Full Article Read
– Subscribing to news feed
– Marking as read/unread
– Marking as favorite
– Dark mode
– Configurable cron job for refresh interval of feeds
– Minimize app to tray and run in background
– Open article link in external browser
– Exporting feed in OPML format
– Importing feeds
– Windows support
– Linux support
– Offline reading
– Keyboard Shortcuts
– Sidebar count
– Text size configuration
– Text font style configuration (Currently has Playfair Display, Muli, Open Sans and Roboto Slab)
– Supports categorizing of the feeds.
– macOS touchbar shortcuts
– Integration with read it later apps: Pocket, Instapaper
– Podcast support. Subscribe to podcast rss feed and listen within app.
– Accessibility Friendly
– Feedbin integration (Folders are WIP)
– Inoreader integration
– Google Reader API support. Supports self hosted RSS Services like FreshRSS.org etc. (Folders are WIP)
– Support for subscribing Youtube channels and viewing within app.
– Flexible resizing of columns/panes