Last Updated on: 21st May 2022, 04:28 pm
Web site: sourceforge.net/projects/wireshare/
Subcategory: Peer2Peer Clients
Platform: BSD, Linux, OS X, Windows
Programing language: Java
First release: October 28, 2010
WireShare – an open source peer2peer multiplatform client. Formerly entitled LimeWire Pirate Edition(LPE), WireShare is the newest fork of the original LimeWire open source project. Our sole intention is to create and maintain a bona fide continuation of the project. All work is undertaken on a pro bono basis. The name was changed for legal reasons.
– Ease of use. Just install, run, and search.
– Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other meta-information.
– Elegant multiple search tabbed interface.
– “Swarm” downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster.
– Utilizes “ultrapeer” technology that reduces bandwidth requirements for most users.
– Integrated chat.
– Browse host feature. Even works through firewalls.
– Can connect to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system.
– Automatic local network searches for lightning-fast downloads. If you’re on a corporate or university network, download files from other users on the same network almost instantaneously!
– Share files privately with Friends.
– Download and share torrents.
– Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella.
– No adware, spyware, or advertising.