Last Updated on: 23rd May 2022, 03:16 pm
Alot – a terminal-based mail user agent based on the notmuch mail indexer. It is written in python using the urwid toolkit and features a modular and command prompt driven interface to provide a full MUA experience as an alternative to the Emacs mode shipped with notmuch.
The main features of Alot are:
– multiple accounts for sending mails via sendmail
– can spawn terminal windows for asynchronous editing of mails
– tab completion and usage help for all commands
– contacts completion using customizable lookups commands
– user configurable keyboard maps
– customizable colour and layout themes
– python hooks to react on events and do custom formatting
– forward/reply/group-reply of emails
– printing/piping of mails and threads
– configurable status bar with notification popups
– database manager that manages a write queue to the notmuch index
– full support for PGP/MIME encryption and signing
The project founder is Patrick Totzke.