Web site: bluefish.openoffice.nl
Subcategory: Text Editors
Platform: Linux, OS X, Windows, OpenSolaris
License: GNU GPL
First release: 1997
Bluefish – a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and webdevelopers, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code. Bluefish supports many programming and markup languages. Bluefish was started by Chris Mazuc and Olivier Sessink in 1997 to facilitate web development professionals on Linux desktop platforms.
– Customizable code folding, auto indenting and completion
– Support for remote files operation over FTP, SFTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, etc.
– Site upload and download
– Powerful search and replace engine
– Customizable integration of external programs such as lint, make, etc
– Snippets plugin to automate often used code
– Code-aware in-line spell checking
– Zencoding or Emmet support
– Bookmarks panel