Last Updated on: 21st May 2022, 04:25 pm
ConnectedText – a powerful but simple information management system. It is based on wiki principles. Indeed, it is best described as a personal or desktop wiki. Yet, to characterize it as a “personal” or “desktop wiki” does not even begin to do justice to it.
ConnectedText is so much more:
– It is a free-form note-taking and note-management application that allows you to keep an unlimited number of notes in one or many files. The information can be accessed at an instant through sophisticated full-text searches, which can span all open files. Navigation between topics is a breeze. ConnectedText works like a notebook with an unlimited number of pages, which can be linked with one another easily by wiki-type links.
– It is also a free text database with hyper-linking ability. This provides you with a fast and easy way to store, structure and organize all your notes. With ConnectedText you can master a tremendous quantity of information available and necessary to do well in today’s world
– It is a thinking tool or a work pad for your ideas and thoughts, allowing you to structure and organize them by means of categories and in many other ways. ConnectedText can be as simple or sophisticated as you wish it to be.
– It is a semantic desktop application that can help you better to understand the meaning of your data.
– It has a very capable outliner. ConnectedText’s outlining view works like a one-pane outliner. But it can also be made to work two-pane outliner. Topics can be dragged into the outline view, for instance.
– It can also be used as a clipboard collection tool. When the clipboard catcher is turned on, anything copied to the Windows clipboard is automatically transferred to a ConnectedText topic. You can also drag and drop information from almost any source on the Web or your computer.