Last Updated on: 17th November 2023, 06:22 pm
eMule – a free peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing client for Microsoft Windows that was launched in 2002 as an alternative to eDonkey2000. eMule includes advanced search features, file checks for corruptions while downloading, a preview while downloading function, and a credit system to reward frequent uploads.
eMule connects to both the eDonkey and the Kad networks, which results in a higher transfer speed and faster distribution of popular files. With a vast network of servers and clients (like you) uploading and downloading files all over the world respectively, eMule reduces recovery times for corrupted downloads
The eMule features are:
– Clients use several networks to create one reliable network (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad).
– Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network.
– eMule is completely free and completely free of any Adware, Spyware, and ect.
– Each file checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file.
– Intelligent Corruption Control helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
– Auto priorities and Source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
– The Preview function allows you to look at your Videos and Archives before they are completed.
– The webservices and a webserver features allows you to have quick access to and from the internet.
– You can create categories for your download to organize them.
– A wide range of search possibilities which include: Servers (Local, and Global), web based (Jigle, and Filedonkey), and Kad (Still in Alpha).
– Allows you to use very complex Boolean searches that make the searches much more flexible.
– With the messaging and friend system, you can send messages to other Clients and add them as friends. In your friend list, you can always see if a friend is online.
– Build in IRC client, you can chat with other downloaders and chatters around the globe.
The project was started by ‘Merkur” and is under development by the eMule team.