Last Updated on: 3rd October 2023, 07:51 pm
Geany – a powerful, stable and lightweight programmer’s text editor that provides tons of useful features without bogging down your workflow. It runs on Linux, Windows and macOS is translated into over 40 languages, and has built-in support for more than 50 programming languages.
– Syntax highlighting
– Code folding
– Symbol name auto-completion
– Construct completion/snippets
– Auto-closing of XML and HTML tags
– Call tips
– Many supported filetypes including C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal (full list)
– Symbol lists
– Code navigation
– Build system to compile and execute your code
– Simple project management
– Plugin interface
Geany is known to run under Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, macOS, AIX v5.3, Solaris Express and Windows. More generally, it should run on every platform, which is supported by the GTK libraries. Only the Windows port of Geany is missing some features.