Last Updated on: 24th May 2022, 05:03 pm
HexChat – an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client based on XChat, but unlike XChat it’s completely free for both Windows and Unix-like systems. HexChat was originally called XChat-WDK which in turn was a successor of freakschat.
It allows you to securely join multiple networks and talk to users privately or in channels using a customizable interface.
– Easy to use and customizable interface
– Cross-platform on Windows, OS X, and Unix-like OSes
– Highly scriptable with Lua, Python, and Perl
– Translated in multiple languages
– Fully open source and actively developed
– Multi-network with auto-connect, join, and identify
– Spellcheck, Proxies, SASL, DCC support
– A graphical GTK+ GUI
– Plugin API
– Multiple authentication methods including SASL
– Customizable notifications.
The project developer is Patrick Griffis.