Last Updated on: 17th November 2023, 07:37 pm
It is one of the most advanced file managers for KDE. Thanks to the underlying KDE technologies it can transparently access FTP and SFTP servers, zip files (and other archives), smb (Windows) shares, and even browse and rip audio CDs.
Konqueror makes use of the latest KDE technologies to provide you with a PDF viewer, an FTP client, a text editor, a spreadsheet editor, a word document editor, an SVN client and more without ever needing to open a separate application.
Konqueror comes with a nice set of custom plugins such as an ad blocker, automatic web page translation, user agent switcher, automatic image gallery creation, shell command panel, and more. It is one of the most customizable applications available.
Some of its features:
– Adblock – automatically block all ads
– Pop-up blocker built-in
– Password Manager- uses KWallet for password storage, that means your passwords are stored securely and shared across all your KDE applications.
– Web shortcuts – Simply type wp:konqueror or wp:kde in the Address bar to be taken directly to the Wikipedia’s page about Konqueror or KDE respectively. There’s Web Shortcuts for Google, Youtube, Facebook, Amazon, Yahoo, KDE, Launchpad, etc.
– Tabbed browsing and split views
– Bookmarks Manager – for easy access to your most visited sites
– Web page translation – can easily translate any web page into any language
– Spell Checking integrated