Last Updated on: 24th May 2022, 06:23 pm
Web site: github.com/martinrotter/rssguard
Subcategory: RSS Readers
Platform: Android, BSD, Linux, OS/2, OS X, Windows
First release: 2011
RSS Guard – a simple, light and easy-to-use RSS/ATOM feed aggregator developed using Qt framework which supports online feed synchronization.
It is a customizable, skinnable feed reader with a tabbed interface. It can fetch the most known feed formats, including RSS/RDF and ATOM and store them in a nested list, keyboard shortcuts, notification settings, gesture support and more.
Cross-platform, supporting a wide array of operating systems (Linux, OS X, *BSD and more). RSS Guard currently supports Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian. RSS Guard will never depend on other services – this includes online news aggregators like Feedly, The Old Reader and others. RSS Guard is developed on top of the Qt library.
The main features of RSS Guard:
– support for online feed synchronization via plugins
– Tiny Tiny RSS (from RSS Guard 3.0.0)
– import/export of feeds to/from OPML 2.0
– message filter with regular expressions
– simple Adblock functionality
– ability to cleanup internal message database with various options
– auto-updating with separate time intervals
– support for SQLite or MySQL
– feed categorization
– fully controlled via keyboard
– feed authentication (Digest-MD5, BASIC, NTLM-2)
– customable user interface
– integrated web browser with adjustable behavior
– localizations to a few languages
– no ads
The project developer is Martin Rotter.