Last Updated on: 26th November 2023, 01:20 pm
SymmetricDS – an open source software for database replication, with support for one-way replication, multi-master replication, filtered synchronization, and transformations.
Using web and database technologies, it can replicate data asynchronously as a scheduled or near real-time operation. Designed to scale to a large number of databases and operate between different platforms, it works across low-bandwidth connections and can withstand periods of network outage.
SymmetricDS is compatible with most operating systems since it is based on Java. It can run on Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X and other operating systems. For mobile applications using SQLite, the Java client libraries work on Android, and a minimal C library works with iOS applications.
– Remote offices replicated to a central office
– Cross platform database replication between different databases
– Replication between on-premise databases and cloud databases
– Consolidation of multiple databases into a data warehouse
– Regional database replication to improve access times for local users
– High availability of a database using a primary and secondary instance