Web site: www.tiny.cloud/tinymce/
Subcategory: Text Editors, HTML Editors
First release: 2004
TinyMCE – a WYSIWYG editor with 12+ integrations and 400+ flexible APIs. TinyMCE is built to fit seamlessly into your product or website. From workflow automation to email builders and more, TinyMCE is the professional development team editor of choice.
– Advanced List – Extend the bullist and numlist toolbar controls by adding CSS list-style-type number formats and bullet types.
– Anchor – Add an anchor/bookmark button to the toolbar that inserts an anchor at the editor’s cursor insertion point.
– Autolink – Create hyperlinks automatically when a user inputs a valid and complete URL.
– Autoresize – Resize the editor automatically to the content inside it, and prevent the editor from expanding infinitely.
– Autosave – Warns the user if modifications to the content have not been saved. Includes “Restore last draft” functionality.
– Character Map – Add a dialog to the editor with a map of special unicode characters which cannot be added directly from the keyboard.
– Code – Add a toolbar button that allows a user to edit the HTML code hidden by the WYSIWYG view.
– Code Sample – Insert and embed syntax color highlighted code snippets into the editable area.
– Color Picker – An intuitive color picking tool that is now part of the editor core in TinyMCE 5.
– Context Menu – Adds a configurable right-click context menu that is now part of the editor core in TinyMCE 5.
– Directionality – Add directionality controls to the toolbar and enable TinyMCE to better handle languages written from right to left.
– Emoticons – Insert emojis into TinyMCE’s editable area. The default emoji set can be extended or overridden.
– Full Screen – Enable the capability for the editable area to fill the browser’s viewport.
– Help – Add a button and/or menu item that shows handy keyboard shortcuts as well as installed plugins.
– Horizontal Rule – Allow a user to insert a horizontal rule on the page at the cursor insertion point.
– Image – Enable the user to insert an image into the editable area with many customization options.
– Import CSS – Add the ability to automatically import CSS classes from the CSS file specified in the content_css configuration setting.
– Insert Date/Time – Insert the current date and/or time into the editable area at the cursor insertion point.
– and much more…
TinyMCE was spun out of a content management system developed by Johan “Spocke” Sorlin and Joakim Lindkvist from their original content management system, Moxiecode Content Editor.