Last Updated on: 22nd May 2022, 01:12 pm
Web site: tuxcmd.sourceforge.net
Subcategory: File Managers, File Transfer
Platform: Linux, UNIX-like
Programing language: Object Pascal
First release: November 13, 2002
Tux Commander – a windowed file manager with 2 panels side by side similar to popular Total Commander or Midnight Commander file managers. The main goal of this project is to create powerful and user friendly file manager for Unix operating systems.
– Graphical application, uses GTK2 windowing toolkit
– Two directory panels side by side (vertical)
– Tabbed interface, buttons for quick access to favorite places
– Configurable mounter bar for quick access to removable media and network shares
– Multilingual user interface
– Basic VFS (Virtual File System) support, allowing you to browse archives and network places
– Extendable via plugin system, several VFS modules available in the distribution
– Portable, no installation required, usable right after the extraction
– Designed for GNOME and XFCE desktop environments while preserving complete independency (libraries are loaded dynamically when available)
– Extension-based file type actions (associations)
– Threaded file operations
– Large files (> 4GB) support
– Main application written in Object Pascal language (with FreePascal as default compiler), plugins are written in C/C++ language
– Sources available in GIT repository
The project developer is Tomáš Bžatek.
The latest version of Tux Commander 0.6.70 was released in 2009.