Last Updated on: 21st May 2022, 04:19 pm
Viper Browser – a free, open source, lightweight, privacy-focused Qt5 web browser using QtWebEngine and designed for Linux platform.
– All development is done with a focus on privacy, minimalism, and customization ability
– Bookmark management
– Built-in ad blocker, compatible with AdBlock Plus and uBlock Origin filters
– Cookie viewer, editor, and support for cookie filters (QtWebEngine 5.11+ only)
– Compatible with Pepper Plugin API
– Custom user agent support
– Fast and lightweight
– Fullscreen support
– Granular control over browser settings and web permissions
– Gives the user control over their data, no invasions of privacy like other browsers are known to do..
– GreaseMonkey-style UserScript support
– Multiple options for home page- any URL, blank page, or a card layout page with favorite and most visited websites
– PDF.js embedded into the browser
– Save and restore browsing sessions, local tab history, pinned tabs
– Secure AutoFill manager (disabled by default)
– Tab drag-and-drop support for HTML links, local files, other browser window tabs, etc
– Tab hibernation / wake up support
– Traditional browser UI design instead of WebUI and chromium-based interfaces
The project founder is Timothy Vaccarelli.