Zettlr – a free and open source software, which means that its source code is publicly available, and the application comes at no cost. However, this also means that there is no paid staff behind the app – it is completely managed by the community. This means that we actively encourage users to get involved with the app
Zettlr brings simplicity back to your texts. Open-minded writing that adapts to your style. Fast information retrieval that finds what matters to you. Versatile exporting that enables you to adapt to whatever publication pipeline your employer or school uses.
– Your Notes are your notes: Zettlr is privacy-first
– Citations made easy: Tight and ever-growing integration with your favourite reference manager (Zotero, JabRef, and many others)
– Available in over a dozen languages
– Draft your publications in a professional environment, with LaTeX and Word template support
– Simple and beautiful exports with Pandoc, LaTeX, and Textbundle
– Snippets allow you to automate insertion of boilerplate code
– Themes, dark modes, and full flexibility with custom CSS
– Code highlighting for many languages
– Support for state of the art knowledge management techniques (Zettelkasten)
– A powerful full text search that helps you find anything, anywhere
Currently supported are macOS, Windows, and most Linux distributions (via Debian- and Fedora-packages as well as AppImages).