Last Updated on: 23rd May 2022, 03:27 pm
Web site: www.bittornado.com
Subcategory: Peer2Peer Clients
Platform: BSD, Linux, OS X, Windows
Programing language: Python
First release: March 13, 2004
BitTornado – a bittorrent client built on the original BitTorrent client from BitTorrent Inc. The BitTornado-GUI in a graphical interface to the BitTornado bittorrent client. This client features a GUI interface, lots of features, and is one of the original bittorrent clients created.
The BitTormado GUI features:
– upload/download speed limitation
– prioritised downloading when downloading batches (several files)
– detailed information about connections to other peers
– encryption (PE/MSE) support (with the recommended python-crypto)
– console mode for running from scripts
– curses mode for running interactively
– tracker for the distribution of files
The project developer is John Hoffman.