Editor – a simple text editor for Android. Editor loads the whole of file to be edited into memory. It will not load large files which would cause performance issues or cause the app to crash. Please do not raise issues about the Too large dialog shown when attempting to load a large file.
This is a fairly simple generic text editor which may be used standalone or to show or edit any sort of text file from another app. If you select a text file in a file manager or similar app you will be offered the option of using this editor along with whatever other apps you have installed that can show or edit a text file. Files will initially be opened read only, long touch on the display or touch the edit item in the toolbar to enable editing.
– File chooser
– Default file
– View markdown in browser or html viewer
– Regular expression text search
– Character set detection and selection
– Optional syntax highlighting
– Open recent files from menu
– Optionally view file
– Optional auto save
– Optional Word wrap
– New file shortcut
– Light/Dark/Black/Retro themes
– Small/Medium/Large font size
– Monospace/Proportional font faces