EditPad Lite – a compact general-purpose text editor. Use EditPad Lite to easily edit any kind of plain text file.
– Large file and long line support.
– Full Unicode support, including complex scripts and right-to-left scripts.
– Direct editing of text files using Windows, UNIX, and mac Mac text encodings (code pages) and line breaks.
– Tabbed interface for working with many files.
– Unlimited undo and redo for all open files, even after saving.
– Automatic backup and working copies prevent data loss.
– Powerful search-and-replace with literal search terms and regular expressions that can span multiple lines.
With EditPad Lite you can easily open and edit many text files at the same time. There’s no limit. Many of EditPad Lite’s editing commands can work on all files in a given project at once. Quickly switch between files and projects by clicking on their tabs. Move back and forth with the handy “previous editing position” and “previously edited file” commands.
EditPad Lite sports one of the most extensive search-and-replace features of any text editor. Quickly find the part of the file you want to edit. Highlight matches, fold lines, and skip over matches and files. Instantly make many replacements throughout a (rectangular) selection, a file, or all open files. Use regular expressions and adaptive case options for powerful and dynamic search terms and replacements. Clever use of EditPad Lite’s search-and-replace can automate much tedious editing.
EditPad Lite’s Clip Collection makes it easy to keep a list of text snippets at your fingertips, ready to be inserted into the file’s you’re editing. Such a snippet can be a word, phrase, three paragraphs, half a book, or anything you want. Clips can consist of “before” and “after” parts to be inserted around a selection.