Last Updated on: 17th November 2023, 07:34 pm
Geary – a free and ope source email application built around conversations, for the GNOME 3 desktop. It allows you to read, find and send email with a straightforward, modern interface. It is written in Vala, which is based on WebKitGTK+. The project originally was developed by the Yorba Foundation (Adam Dingle is the Yorba founder) and then been adopted by the GNOME project.
– Quick email account setup
– Shows related messages together in conversations
– Fast, full text and keyword search
– Full-featured HTML and plain text message composer
– Desktop notification of new mail
– Compatible with Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook.com and other IMAP servers
Geary internally uses an SQLite database to store a local copy of emails and for indexing. It uses a fully asynchronous GObject-based IMAP client library. One feature that distinguishes Geary from other open source email clients is the conversation view.