Last Updated on: 3rd October 2023, 10:39 pm
KTorrent – a BitTorrent application by KDE which allows you to download files using the BitTorrent protocol. It enables you to run multiple torrents at the same time and comes with extended features to make it a full-featured client for BitTorrent.
KTorrent supports basic features such as downloading, uploading and seeding files on the BitTorrent network. Other additional features and intuitive GUI should make KTorrent a good choice for everyone. Some features are available as plugins hence you should make sure you have the ones you need enabled.
Main features of KTorrent are:
– Queuing of torrents
– Global and per torrent speed limits
– Previewing of certain file types, build in (video and audio)
– Importing of partially or fully downloaded files
– File prioritization for multi-file torrents
– Selective downloading for multi-file torrents
– Kick/ban peers with an additional IP Filter dialog for list/edit purposes
– UDP tracker support
– Support for private trackers and torrents
– Support for µTorrent’s peer exchange
– Support for protocol encryption (compatible with Azureus)
– Support for creating trackerless torrents
– Support for distributed hash tables (DHT, the Mainline version)
– Support for UPnP to automatically forward ports on a LAN with dynamic assigned hosts
– Support for webseeds
– Scripting support via Kross and interprocess control via D-Bus interface.
– System tray integration
– Tracker authentication support
– Connection though a proxy
– Scripting support via Kross and interprocess control via DBus interface.
– In addition to the built-in functionality, there are some plugins available for KTorrent.
The KTorrent authors are Joris Guisson and Ivan Vasić.