PikiPiki – a cooperative authoring system for the web (wiki). It is written in python, with simple and concise code.
PikiPiki is MartinPool’s reimplementation of WikiWikiWeb in PythonLanguage, released under the GNU General Public License.
– Tab is never required as a formatting character, because it’s hard to type into many browsers. The markup codes are pretty similar.
– Data is stored in plain text files, not in a database. This reduces contention between concurrent users and is more in the spirit of a quick solution.
– Full-text search is quite fast, and doesn’t lock out updates.
– No versioning – Wiki is not meant to be a document-management system.
– PikiPiki offers an index of all titles, and an index of all words occurring in titles.
PikiPiki has given rise to numerous other programs that extend it in various ways.
It has been merged into the PikiePikie project.
No download is available.