Last Updated on: 22nd May 2022, 12:24 pm
Web site: qtox.github.io
Subcategory: Instant Messengers
Platform: BSD, Linux, OS X, Windows
Programing language: C++, Qt
First release: March 2010
qTox – a chat, voice, video, and file transfer instant messaging client using the encrypted peer-to-peer Tox protocol. Tox is a peer-to-peer instant-messaging and video-calling protocol that offers end-to-end encryption.
qTox provides an easy to use application that allows you to connect with friends and family without anyone else listening in.
qTox runs on Windows, Linux, MacOS and FreeBSD and offers text messaging, audio and video calls, screen sharing and file transfers. Additionally it has support for text and audio group chats as well as Identicons as avatars.
– One to one chat with friends
– Group chats
– File transfers, with previewing of images
– Audio calls, including group calls
– Video calls
– ToxMe and Tox URI support
– Translations in over 30 languages
– Faux offline messages
– Auto-updates on Windows and packages on Linux
– And many more options