Last Updated on: 23rd May 2022, 03:39 pm
Web site: www.whatsapp.com
Subcategory: Instant Messenger, VoIP Clients
Platform: Android, iOS, OS X, Windows
Programing language: Erlang
First release: January, 2009
WhatsApp Messenger – a free messaging and VoIP app available for iPhone and other smartphones, and desktop/laptops running under Windows or OS X. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
– WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees.
– The group chats feature lets you share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once.
– Sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you.
– WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone’s Internet connection, instead of your cell plan’s voice minutes, so you don’t have to worry about expensive calling charges.
– When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you’re communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
– Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly.
– Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps (up to 100 MB).
The application is owned by Facebook.