CotEditor – a lightweight plain-text editor for macOS. CotEditor is developed as an open-source project that allows anyone to contribute.
– Syntax Highlighting – Colorize more than 50 pre-installed major languages like HTML, PHP, Python, Ruby or Markdown. You can also create your own settings.
– Powerful Find & Replace – Super powerful find and replace using the ICU regular expression engine.
– Setting via Click – There are no complex configuration files that require geek knowledge. You can access all your settings including syntax definitions and themes from a standard preferences window.
– Auto Backup – You don’t need to lose your unsaved data anymore. CotEditor backups your documents automatically while editing.
– Outline Menu – Extract specified lines with the predefined syntax, and you can jump to the corresponding line.
– Split Editor – Split a window into multiple panes to see different parts of your document at the same time.
– Character Inspector – Inspect Unicode character data of each selected character in your document and display them in a popover.
– Incompatible Characters – Check and list-up the characters in your document that cannot convert into the desired encoding.
– CJK Language Friendly – Estimate various file encodings accurately, toggle to vertical text mode and keep its line height correctly.