Last Updated on: 21st May 2022, 07:30 pm
DC++ – an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect/Advanced Direct Connect network.
Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
– No ads, spyware, or bundled software that you don’t need
– Open source software, code freely available under the GNU GPL
– Joins multiple hubs at the same time
– Multiple protocol support (ADC & NMDC)
– List of bookmark-like favorite hubs and users
– Shares large files and many files per your organization scheme
– Tiger Tree Hashes (TTH) used for file integrity
– Search across all (or selected) connected hubs by file type, size, name or hash
– Resume of downloads, with optional automatic search for alternate sources by TTH
– Logging options and configuration for chat, private messages, downloads, and uploads
– Automatic connectivity setup with autoconfiguration of UPnP and NAT-PMP routers
– MAGNET link support for linking to specific content
– Automatic and manual download priorities
– Saving of user’s file lists for browsing and queueing
– GUI is translated into many languages using community supplied Gettext .po language files
– Segmented downloading
– NAT-Traversal support
– SSL encrypted secure hub-client communication and file transfers
– Bandwidth limiting capabilities
– Plugin support
DC++ is free software, licensed under the GNU GPL 2.