Last Updated on: 11th December 2023, 04:13 pm
DokuWiki – a wiki web software for creating documentation pages. DokuWiki development started in June 2004 by Andreas Gohr.
The application is written in the PHP programming language, it does not require a database, and all data is saved to text files.
– Simple syntax
– Embedding of HTML syntax
– Unlimited page revisions
– Recent changes
– Colored side by side diff support
– Uploading and embedding of images and other media
– Customizable Interwiki links
– Optional CamelCase support
– Content can be categorized in namespaces, easily browsable through an automatic index
– Straightforward configuration
– Section Editing allows editing of small parts of a page
– Toolbar and accesskeys make editing easy for both beginners and professionals
– Easy navigation through breadcrumbs
– Automatic table of contents generation
– Locking to avoid edit conflicts
– Automatic save to avoid content lost during editing
DokuWiki has many features but all of them are easy to use. And many more can be added through the free plugin downloads.