Web site: github.com/gollum/gollum
Platform: Linux, Unix-like, OS X, Windows
First release: February 16, 2009
Gollum – a simple wiki system built on top of Git, written mostly in Ruby.
A Gollum Wiki is simply a git repository of a specific nature:
– A Gollum repository’s contents are human-editable text or markup files.
– Pages may be organized into directories any way you choose.
– Other content can also be included, for example images, PDFs and headers/footers for your pages.
– Gollum strives to be compatible with GitHub and GitLab wikis.
Gollum pages may be written in a variety of markups, can be edited with your favourite editor (changes will be visible after committing) or with the built-in web interface, and can be displayed in all versions, reverted, etc.
Gollum supports advanced functionality like:
– UML diagrams
– BibTeX and Citation support
– Annotations using CriticMarkup
– Mathematics via MathJax
– RSS Feed of latest changes