Web site: orbitalquark.github.io/textadept/
Subcategory: Text Editors
Platform: Linux, OS X, Windows
First release: 2007
Textadept – a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible cross-platform text editor for programmers.
Written in a combination of C, C++, and Lua and relentlessly optimized for speed and minimalism, Textadept is an ideal editor for programmers who want endless extensibility without sacrificing speed and disk space, and without succumbing to code bloat and a superabundance of features.
The application has both a graphical user interface (GUI) version that runs in a desktop environment, and a terminal version that runs within a terminal emulator.
– Fast and minimalist.
– Cross platform, and with a terminal version, too.
– Self-contained executable — no installation necessary.
– Support for over 100 programming languages.
– Unlimited split views.
– Can be entirely keyboard driven.
– Powerful snippets and key commands.
– Code autocompletion and documentation lookup.
– Remarkably extensible, with a heavily documented Application Programming Interface (API).