Web site: thredded.org
First release: 2013
Thredded – an open source discussion forum application. Thredded is written in the Ruby programming language and can be used as part of an existing Ruby on Rails application. The leitmotif of Thredded is rich equipment and simplicity.
The most important functions offered by the application include:
– markdown system or formatting with BBCode
– tracking of (un)read messages
– e-mail notifications, thread subscription, notification system for separate channels
– private groups
– full-text database search engine
– pinning and closing threads
– List of current online users for all forums and selected threads
– flexible authorization system
– basic moderation
– lightweight default theme, configurable via Sass.
Thredded works with the following database systems: SQLite, MySQL (v5.6.4 +) and PostgreSQL.
The Threeded application developers are Gleb Mazovetskiy, Joel Oliveira and Tim Diggins.