Last Updated on: 12th December 2023, 07:50 pm
Ametys – a free and open source content management system (CMS) written in Java. It is based on the OpenSocial1 content storage standard for the representation of gadgets and an XML-oriented framework. It has been primarily designed to support corporate websites, blogs, intranets and extranets on the same server.
It uses JAVA3 and works on any computing platform capable of using a Java environment and an application server.
Ametys was created in 2003 by experts in using Java and building websites, then Anyware Services (based in France) evolved it to the level of a professional open source CMS around 2009.
Ametys CMS is mainly used by large companies and public institutions such as:
– Industries – For example pharmaceutical industries websites using Ametys according to Wappalyzer
– Universities. Ametys is used by more than 20 universities including Sorbonne, Paris
– Public administration
– Multi-site and multilingual platform
– Front-end editing
– RSS feed support
– Document library manager, Alfresco and other document library integration
– LDAP Integration
– Website Tools : comments feed, Share buttons, Twitter feed integration, OpenSocial gadgets
– Blogs and wikis
– Newsletter management
– Web Form management
– Online survey management